Sunday 13 December 2015

no. x trip to london

thursday and friday. 15.12.10/11
woke up as soon as I was able to after getting home at 4 in the morning, just because I was working till 3am. realised that today is the day, when I'm travelling to London to see Hudson Mohawke live again. the whole day of the journey was such a mess. I didn't have time to do anything I needed to. but the second I got into my delayed train to Euston, switched my ipod on with Hudson's new album 'Lantern', I knew, everything is going to be just fine.
It was so amazing to stand near The Roundhouse with a friend in the middle of London, drink whiskey and smoke while it's pouring down with rain and thinking 'we're about to see him. second time this year.'
I actually managed to get the tracklist from one of the security guards. And Gabby bought the vinyl. And after we got back home to her place, we played it. And turned on the Christmas lights. And it was magical.
the next day we decided to look up the vintage markets.
accidentally, we stumbled upon a really nice vinyl shop, spent there ages looking through different records. realised that there's so much wonderful music in this life that we haven't heard before, it's unimaginable. checked out winter wonderland, had a few pints. and of course, ended up near the tower bridge, my favorite place in London.

also, found Brick lane and remembered the song of Fingalick - 1000 nights, and its lyrics

" Now you drink wine in Trafalgar square, 
you can smoke on top of the London eye, 
the queen herself will brush your hair, 
and critics will shelter you and I, 
now you can get drunk in Brick Lane, 
now you can make love on the rooftops, 
for some it's just another place, 
but I will stay here, till my heart stops." 











No comments:

Post a Comment